4 hrs. Covers all SBIRT skills + Opportunity to practice skills via simulated cases.
Practice GapUnfortunately, PCPs screen less than half of their patients for tobacco use and less than a third for alcohol use. Primary care physicians are not conducting brief interventions with their patients substance abuse or providing referral to treatment.|
Goal/Expected Learner OutcomeThe learner will be able to appropriately screen for and identify substance abuse, plan and implement a tailored brief intervention, and will apply the SBI approach to substance abuse problems by individualizing these clinical skills to different patients. The learner will be able to improve care management and referral skills for patients with relatively more severe substance use problems and improve follow-up and brief treatment skills for patients with substance use problems. The learner will apply all SBIRT clinical skills learned in several simulated cases with a variety of substance use problems.
Target Audience: Health professionals
As an ACCME accredited provider of continuing medical education, Clinical Tools, Inc. complies with the Standards for Commercial Support issued by the ACCME and requires disclosure of and resolution of any conflicts of interest for those in control of content.
Clinical Tools, Dr. Rossie and Mr. Applegate have disclosed no relevant financial relationships.
- Clinical Tools, Inc MD (Company, CTI)
- Karen Rossie, PhD DDS MS (Research Associate, Clinical Tools, Inc.)
- Steve Applegate, MEd MEd (President, Applegate Consulting)
Online Skills Training Experiences and Expected Learning Outcomes:
- Screening for Substance Use Problems: How brief and effective screening for substance use problems can improve patient outcomes.
- Brief Interventions for Substance Use Disorders: Brief interventions when another treatment is the focus.
- Referral to Treatment and Follow-up Care: Options for specialty treatment, planning and arranging substance use disorder treatment referral.
- SBIRT: In Practice!: Three interactive cases give a chance to practice skills and clinical decision making presented in first three modules.
Complete the program:
- complete the pre-assessments
- complete all modules and in-module activities
- complete post assessments with a 70% score on post test
- print completion certificate
- Rate for 4 hr program: $50 per individual;
- Group Rates Available!
4 hours/NY OASAS qualified program (all SBIRT skills)
|Up to 4 people
||$50 per person
|5 to 15 people
||$45 per person
||$40 per person
Custom Group Portal Page $500/group
Additional data collection (user entered, for example, practice name) depending on the amount of additional data to be collected and reported. Minimum of $500 for 5 data items and monthly reporting.
Please contact us if you have questions
What Will the Learner Gain?
- Select and use screening and assessment tools
- Perform brief interventions
- Refer patients to the appropriate treatment
- Follow-up and reassess patients after SBIRT
- Integrate SBIRT skills via interactive case scenarios
- (Hospitals) Comply with Joint Commission Substance Abuse and Tobacco Treatment Measures
- All internet-based, available 24/7
- Includes Motivational Interviewing Skills
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™, NBCC, DCBN, FBM, FAPA ce credits available