Nursing Tobacco Interventions Program
3 hr program. Modules cover Screening, Motivational Interviewing, Counseling and how to obtain Reimbursement for tobacco interventions:
- Nursing Tobacco Interventions -- Part I: Screening and Brief Motivational Interventions
- Nursing Tobacco Interventions -- Part II: Counseling Tobacco Quitters, Pharmacotherapy, Followup and Practicing Clinical Skills
- Nurses and Tobacco Interventions -- Reimbursement (Non-Credit, Optional): How to Get Reimbursed for Providing Tobacco Interventions
Nursing Program: What Will I Learn and How Much Does It Cost?
- How to screen for tobacco use and assess level of tobacco dependence and other information needed to counsel a patient who uses tobacco
- How to perform brief, motivational interventions for patients who are not interested in quitting tobacco
- How to perform brief, supportive interventions for patients who are interested in quitting tobacco
- How to select and recommend or prescribe pharmacotherapy to support a patient in quitting tobacco
- How to follow-up appropriately with patients who have had brief interventions for tobacco use or who have quit tobacco
An Opportunity to Practice Skills Learned: Part II includes a unique, interactive case format that gives a chance to practice skills and clinical decision making
You will have opportunity to take an optional, non-credit module on how to obtain Reimbursement for tobacco interventions.
Continuing Education Hours: 3 hours of DCBN credit for completing the training
Pricing: Currently available at no cost
Start the Nursing Tobacco Interventions Program →
1 hr program. This module was developed to introduce and demonstrate basic motivational interviewing techniques for primary care, techniques that have been used effectively to motivate people with alcohol, tobacco, and other substance abuse problems to change their behavior.
Goal: To teach primary care providers and medical students basic motivational interviewing techniques to motivate patients who are experiencing alcohol use and other addiction problems.
Motivational Interviewing Program: How Much Does It Cost?
Currently the Motivational Interviewing Program costs $20.
Start the Motivational Interviewing Program →